Administration – Washington, District of Columbia
Climate Advisers seeks a top-notch, full-time Campaign Coordinator Intern for a DC-based position starting immediately and lasting until late September.
Description: The position supports a senior executive who is overseeing a million-dollar communications campaign focused on an international summit in mid-September. The position begins at 20 hours/week and grows to 40 hours/week by mid-July. The position pays $18/hour. Due to the temporary nature of the position, we do not offer benefits. The candidate must have a keen eye for detail, strong organization skills, and be comfortable negotiating by phone. Additionally, the candidate must be available to travel to San Francisco
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized, with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, intellectual curiosity, impeccable integrity and sound judgment.
- Ability to absorb and synthesize information quickly.
- Some experience and deep interest in a broad range of communications activities and strategies.
- Excellent computer skills and experience in Word and the Gmail office suite. Experience with project management software, Zoom teleconferencing, database management, and social media management is preferred.
- Collaborative nature.
- Research skills using online resources.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign preferred but not required.
- Priority given to candidates with a demonstrated commitment to the mission of Climate Advisers: strengthening climate action in the United States and around the world.
- Experience with working with large coalitions is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- 1-3 years practical experience in communications support. This experience may come from volunteer and/or campus duties.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must be located in Washington, D.C.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Suzanne Turner at email@example.com.